Contains dairy and egg
Have trouble fitting for breakfast in the morning, or need a decent snack to feed the kids on the go? Then this is for you. It�s so easy to make a batch ahead of time, or even throw some in the oven when you�re making dinner. This recipe is pretty basic, so feel free to adapt to your taste. A vegetarian version can simply omit the bacon, but you may want to add a square of roasted pumpkin or sweet potato to the mix. Don�t make things hard for yourself – use what�s in your fridge. I intended to make these with spinach, but since I had some rocket in the fridge I didn�t want that to go to waste and it gave these a lovely peppery kick! The recipe below is for half a dozen, but to increase the serves, simply allow for one egg per muffin and go from there.
- 6 - rashers bacon, trimmed of excess fat
- 6 - free range eggs, lightly whisked
- 40 g - feta cheese
- small handful of rocket or baby spinach
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Use a non-stick muffin tray and line the sides of�6 holes with bacon. I had to cut my rashers in half to neatly line them, but don�t worry about being too neat!
- Add the rocket or spinach to the eggs, and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the muffin tray, until it comes almost to the top of each bacon-lined hole.
- Dot the top of each with some crumbled feta and then bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden and slightly puffed.
- Leave to cool then remove from the tin. Voila!